Financial Wellness, Money Types And Why Budgets Don’t Work With Melissa Browne
Melissa Browne is an ex-accountant, ex-financial advisor and ex-working till she drops. Nowadays she’s a best-selling author, financial educator, business strategist and mentor and entrepreneur who is passionate about helping women particularly also live a life by design not default.
Melissa also uses her unique, sometimes irreverent but always inspiring voice to speak and write about money, financial awareness, habits, strategy, business and occasionally shoes. She has written three books: the illustrated business book More Money For Shoes, the coffee table book of financial fairy tales, Fabulous But Broke and the global best-seller Unf*ck Your Finances. Her current book, Budgets Don’t Work (But This Does) dives further into understanding your Money Story, Money Environment and Money Type and developing great financial habits that work for your unique Financial Phenotype.
Mel is CEO of the financial education business for women who want to financially grow up, melissabrowne.courses (previously The Money Barre), Director of Business at the long-day Early Learning Communities, Thinkers.Inq and up until she sold the business for seven figures in 2019, she was CEO of the award-winning accounting and advisory firm A&TA (Accounting & Taxation Advantage). Three very different businesses that all are pushing the boundaries in their fields, questioning what is possible and disrupting their industry in order to create the best possible results for their communities.
In this episode of The Debra Shepherd Podcast, Mel shares her story. We talk about financial wellness, money types and why budgets don’t work.
- How money stories can directly impact your business, finances and every part of your life.
- How to uncover your unique Financial Phenotype.
- Learn about the four different Money Types.
- Why you can be more than one money type and what this means for you.
- How your environment impacts your financial characteristics.
- Creating a money environment that serves you rather than sabotaging you.
- How a 30-Day Financial Detox can help you understand how and why you behave with money the way you do.
- The impact social media and your online environment can have on your financial wellness and mental health.
- How you can change your money story and your money environment.
All this, and more.
Links And Resources
- My Financial Adulting Plan
- Books: Why Budget’s Don’t Work (But This Does) and Unf*ck Your Finances
- Uncensored Money Podcast
- Instagram @moremoneyforshoes
- Facebook @melissabrownecourses
Thank You For Listening
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot and share your key takeaway on Instagram Stories and tag me @_debrashepherd.
Subscribe To The Podcast
Be sure to subscribe so you stay up to date with the latest episodes.
Leave A Review
I’d grateful it if you could leave a 5-star review where ever you listen to your podcasts. Let me know what you enjoy the most and how these episodes inspire, empower and support you. Your reviews mean the world because they allow more women to find the show, listen to the conversations and be part of this amazing community. Thank you!