The Truth About Happiness With Dr Gillian Mandich
Dr Gillian Mandich has a PhD from Western University in Health Science, specialising in Health Promotion. Her primary areas of research are happiness and health, and her work combines the latest research, practical wisdom, and an engaging style to help people live happier healthier lives.
Dr Mandich is passionate about research. She is the founder of The International Happiness Institute of Health Science Research and is a part of the Meant2Prevent research team at SickKids. She appears regularly in the media on shows such as The Social, Marilyn Denis, Breakfast Television, The Morning Show, and CBC; is a graduate Student Innovation Scholar Program at the Richard Ivey School of Business Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship and WORLDiscoveries®; the co-lead investigator of The Canadian Happiness At Work Study.
Dr Mandich is a top-rated speaker (both in-person and online) and is represented by ProSpeakers, she was recently named the CanFitPro 2020 Canadian Presenter of the Year, and has given two TEDx talks: “The Surprising Truth About Happiness” at TEDx Yorkville and “The Two Things You Need To Know To Be Happier Today” at TEDx Windsor.
I’m excited to have Happiness and Health Researcher, Dr Gillian Mandich on the podcast. Today we’re diving into the truth about happiness.
- The science of happiness and what happiness is.
- The surprising findings that came up in Gillian’s happiness research.
- The difference between happiness and joy.
- The dark side of happiness.
- How technology can impact our level of happiness.
- How we can learn to be happier in challenging, difficult and stressful environments.
- Practical tips to boost your happiness.
- The relationship between self-care and happiness.
All this and more.
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot and share it on your Instagram stories and don’t forget to tag @_debrashepherd.
Subscribe And Leave A Review
Be sure to subscribe so you stay up to date with the latest episodes and please leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Let me know what you enjoy the most about this podcast and how it inspires, empowers and supports you.
Links And Resources
- Instagram @gillianmandich
- Twitter @gillianmandich
- TEDxWindsor, “Two Things You Need To Know To Be Happier Today”
- TEDxYorkville, “The Surprising Truth About Happiness”
Connect With Debra
Debra Shepherd is a Mentor and Host of The Debra Shepherd Podcast. Debra teaches high achieving women how to get organised, improve productivity, reduce stress and be more intentional about how they live their life, so they can be at their best and thrive. Opportunities are currently available to work with Debra 1:1. To book an Alignment Strategy session, click here or to explore Private Mentoring, click here.