Self-Doubt And The Imposter Complex With Jen Brown
Jen Brown is a Speaker, Trainer and Coach who is obsessed with self-leadership and self-doubt. She works with high-performance individuals, teams and organisations (like you!) to develop deep-seated confidence in their skills and abilities, allowing people to lead, innovate and challenge the status quo whilst embracing uncertainty, frustrations and setbacks. Drawing on her background as a former Corporate Lawyer and Endurance Sports Coach, Jen asks questions (and lots of them!) to get to the heart of why we sabotage ourselves and how to develop the clarity, focus and strategy needed to lead ourselves to stunning success.
Jen is also the host of Sparta Chicks Radio.
In this episode of The Debra Shepherd Podcast, I’m talking to Jen about self-doubt and the Imposter Complex.
- [06:35] How endurance sports are not just about the physical, they’re also about the mindset shifts you have to make.
- [08:00] Sparta Chicks and how Jen is coaching and supporting women globally.
- [11:36] How sport is a catalyst for change in women.
- [12:58] Jen explains the difference between Imposter Syndrome and Imposter Complex.
- [14:45] The three components of the Imposter Complex.
- [16:41] Personality types and the Imposter Complex.
- [18:24] How Imposter Complex can show up in sport, life and business.
- [20:48] Practical tips to help you move through times when you’re experiencing fear and self-doubt.
- [25:00] The relationship between the role of self-care and how resilient we are to fear and self-doubt.
- [33:32] Why it’s important to be aware of the expectations and standards we set for ourselves.
- [37:27] How Imposter Complex has shown up in Jen’s life and how she moved through it.
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d love to hear from you. Take a screenshot of you listening to this episode, add it to your Instagram stories and tag me @_debrashepherd.
Subscribe And Leave A Review
My goal is to help as many people as possible create more ease, joy and meaning in their life. To reach more people I’d be grateful if you leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Let me know what you enjoy the most and how this podcast inspires and supports you. I read all the reviews and I’d love to hear from you. Be sure to subscribe so you stay up to date when new episodes are released.
Links And Resources
- Visit Jen’s website www.spartachicks.com
- Subscribe and listen to Sparta Chicks Radio
- Follow Sparta Chicks on Instagram @spartachicks and Facebook.
- Connect with Jen on Instagram @spartajen
- Connect with Jen on Linkedin
Connect With Debra
Debra Shepherd is a Mentor, Lifestyle Strategist, Communication Specialist, Entrepreneur, Educator, Podcaster and Creator of The Simplicity Impact Formula. Debra is passionate about teaching women how to create more ease, joy, meaning, impact and success in life and business. Learn more.