Connection, Creativity And Belonging Through The Power Of Art With Kirana Haag
Kirana Haag was born in Germany and moved to Australia in 1996. It has been her life quest to find and create a sense of belonging and connection in herself, and through art and to offer a way for others to do the same.
Driven to express these deep heart bonds, her work explores our inner realms, bringing them to life as exquisite representations of our multi-dimensional selves.
As an International Transformational Artist, Kirana has a focus on belonging. Her painting is a physical and ethereal process, a fast and strong dance with light.
It is the freedom to express very big and to be loud, to touch and to be real, that Kirana enjoys most in her art. Her artworks are the diaries of her inner eyes and ears; of the energies above and beyond this one reality, we call the real world.
Kirana has been referred to as a midwife of dreams; a light dancer and in her words, ‘I am a channel, a feeling, hearing, seeing phone line with a paintbrush on the end of it to make the invisible, visible’.
On this episode of The Debra Shepherd Podcast, I talk to Kirana Haag about creativity, connection, belonging and the power of art.
- Why art and beauty are important for connection beyond our daily life.
- How art and creativity provide a sense of belonging and coming home.
- Why colour impacts our emotions and the way we feel.
- Bringing art and creativity to organisations to support, improve and nurture organisational culture.
- Using art to connect and bring people together in the workplace.
- Steps to ignite your creativity.
- How art is a way of communicating without words and how it can be used to support and improve mental health.
All this and more.
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot and share it on your Instagram stories and don’t forget to tag @_debrashepherd.
Subscribe And Leave A Review
Be sure to subscribe so you stay up to date with the latest episodes and please leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Let me know what you enjoy the most about this podcast and how it inspires, empowers and supports you.